Insurance for TRA Members
Serviced by Higginbotham, the Preferred Insurance and Risk Management Partner of the Texas Restaurant Association
Who We Are
We Lead With Values
Employee owned and customer inspired, Higginbotham is an insurance and financial services firm that’s grown to become the largest independent broker based in Texas. With the freedom to do what’s right, right now, our approach to finding solutions is more individual and less institutional. By understanding customer priorities, eliminating inefficiencies, and committing to transparency while demonstrating authenticity, Higginbotham is a place that leads with values so value leads.
- Insurance and risk management professionals with hands-on experience managing restaurant and food service exposures
- Headquartered in Fort Worth, Texas, with statewide offices providing local, personal service
- Representation of more than 250 insurance carriers to provide options
- Marketplace leverage for preferred pricing and coverage terms
Want to learn more?
Preferential Pricing & Deductibles
We have leverage in the marketplace to negotiate favorable pricing and coverage terms for your specific food service operation.
Tailored Restaurant Coverage
Coverage for the risks you encounter, including Property, Business Interruption, Liquor Liability, Workers' Compensation, Auto, Food Borne Illness, Employment Practice Liability, Cyber Liability and even Employee Benefits.
Dedicated Loss Control Team
Our in-house safety, contract review, claims advocacy and risk technology professionals have the know-how that knows what you need to keep your doors open.
What We Do
Higginbotham has a unit of tenured insurance specialists who understand the risks inherent in the restaurant business. As one of the largest insurance brokerage firms in the nation, we have the resources necessary to manage large multi-regional franchise programs without sacrificing personal service to individual restaurants. Our team of insurance brokers, safety/loss control specialists and claim managers work cohesively to give you
coverage and risk management solutions that are “made to order” for restaurants and caterers.
The cornerstone of our services to TRA members is the placement of insurance coverage with specific activities/service tasks including:
- Assisting with the ongoing identification and analysis of risks
- Conducting planning meetings to access current market conditions and coverage to help establish objectives for pending renewals and suggest strategies to achieve optimal results in the context of those objectives
- Preparing underwriting submissions, statements of values, specifications and other data required by carriers
- Seeking competitive programs and market coverage on an unbiased basis and in the best interest of TRA members
- Verifying the accuracy and adequacy of all binders, policies, policy endorsements, invoices and other insurance related documents
- Issuing certificates and auto identification cards
- Reviewing insurance provisions in contracts or lease agreements and offering recommendations
- Assisting with audits and reconciling audit results
The fast-paced restaurant environment creates safety hazards that put diners and servers at risk and threaten your reputation and bottom line. Our risk managers deliver loss prevention programs tailored to your industry.
Safety & Loss Control
- Partnering with TRA members to enhance existing programs and develop innovative programs to address safety and risk management issues
- Identifying the critical workplace behavioral issues and developing systems that will improve safe activities
- Coordinating with carrier loss control specialists and assisting with information needs of carriers
- Providing safety training material for employee safety education and awareness efforts
- Assisting with selecting service providers
- Monitoring carrier or independent claims services
- Monitoring questionable claims and active involvement in large claim settlements
- Resolving coverage questions and disputes
- Assisting with locating qualified defense counsel
- Auditing claims and reserves
- Providing periodic status reports with action recommendations
Risk Management Information Systems
- Analyzing exposures to identify and keep abreast of risks
- Determining appropriate retention levels based on risk appetite, historical losses and market considerations
- Benchmarking using qualified databases
Online Certificates of Insurance
- Providing access to HIG Service24, a web-based Certificate of Insurance resource for 24/7 self-service
- Reviewing contractual insurance requirements