Making an Impact
At Higginbotham, we embrace our responsibility to support the communities we serve. Beyond contributions as a local business and employer, we strive to be a positive corporate citizen through active involvement in a number of charitable organizations.
In 2011 we started the Higginbotham Community Fund with a mission to engage employees in philanthropy. To date, our employees have pledged more than $2 million to the fund and contributed countless hours to community development. And with locations across Texas and in Oklahoma City, the impact of our F.O.R.C.E. (Family of Responsible Caring Employees) is far-reaching.
Higginbotham Community Fund
To engage the employees of Higginbotham in philanthropy.
- To make a difference in the community by contributing time, talents and monetary resources.
- To encourage community among ourselves and those we serve.
- To promote volunteerism and effective philanthropy.
- To build a network that is a catalyst for positive change.
The Higginbotham Community Fund is administered by the North Texas Community Foundation and directed by an Advisory Board of Higginbotham employees. At the end of each quarter, the board asks employees to nominate nonprofits they support for grant consideration. The nonprofits must be 501(c)(3) organizations, and the employees must be contributors to the fund. Since based on need, charity requests are sometimes time sensitive. In those cases, the employee can request that the Advisory Board hold a special vote.
Our F.O.R.C.E. (Family of Responsible Caring Employees) engages in a variety of philanthropic activities beyond monetary support. Many volunteer projects are organized on the corporate level, and even more are initiated and carried out by our employees.
- Served dinner at Catholic Charities in Fort Worth once a week
- Delivered Meals on Wheels in Fort Worth once a week
- Volunteered four hours each quarter with United Way in Corpus Christi
- Gave blood to Carter Blood Care
- Fundraised for Texas charities by raffling tickets to Rangers games
- Sponsored and built Habitat for Humanity homes in Austin and Fort Worth
- Competed in teams to fundraise for Goodwill of Central Texas
- Hosted students from Junior Achievement of the Chisholm Trail in Fort Worth and San Sabine High School in Houston for a day of learning on the job
- Paid a visit to Brookdale Senior Living Facility in Houston on Valentine’s Day
- Hosted holiday parties and donated gifts for non-profit organizations in Corpus Christi, Dallas and Fort Worth
- Fundraised for Driscoll Children’s Hospital in Corpus Christi through an Easter cake silent auction
- Donated coats to the Union Gospel Mission of Tarrant County
- Volunteered with the Houston National Cemetery to clean the grounds on Veteran’s Day
- Fundraised for the American Heart Association in Corpus Christi through a chili cookoff in Corpus Christi and by selling Higginbotham t-shirts companywide
- Repainted the blacktop playground at Ortega Elementary School in Austin
- Served as the drop-off location for Hurricane Harvey donations from IIAT agents in McAllen
- Donated school supplies to the Community Care—Prayer Outreach Center in Port Arthur
- Donated canned food to the Salvation Army in Tyler
- Fundraised for Everlasting Changes in Port Arthur
- Painted curbs in Corpus Christi with the Downtown Management District
- Donated school supplies to Clear Creek ISD through United Way’s SOS program in Corpus Christi
- Participated in the American Heart Association 5K Heart Walks across Texas
- Participated in the Get Your Rear in Gear 5K in Austin
- Participated in the Insurance Women of the Metroplex bowling tournament
- Participated in the Junior Achievement of the Chisholm Trail bowling tournament
- Participated in the Zilker Relay Race in Austin, benefiting the Lesedi Foundation
- Participated in the Cowtown Marathon
Ready to Make an Impact?
Employees may contribute to the Higginbotham Community Fund by filling out the pledge form below.