Making an Impact
At Higginbotham, we embrace our responsibility to support the communities we serve. Beyond contributions as a local business and employer, we strive to be a positive corporate citizen through active involvement in a number of charitable organizations.
In 2011 we started the Higginbotham Community Fund with a mission to engage employees in philanthropy. To date, our employees have pledged more than $1.4 million to the fund and contributed countless hours to community development. And with locations across Texas and in Oklahoma City, the impact of our F.O.R.C.E. (Family of Responsible Caring Employees) is far-reaching.
Higginbotham Community Fund
To engage the employees of Higginbotham in philanthropy.
- To make a difference in the community by contributing time, talents and monetary resources.
- To encourage community among ourselves and those we serve.
- To promote volunteerism and effective philanthropy.
- To build a network that is a catalyst for positive change.
The Higginbotham Community Fund is administered by the North Texas Community Foundation and directed by an Advisory Board of Higginbotham employees. At the end of each quarter, the board asks employees to nominate nonprofits they support for grant consideration. The nonprofits must be 501(c)(3) organizations, and the employees must be contributors to the fund. Since based on need, charity requests are sometimes time sensitive. In those cases, the employee can request that the Advisory Board hold a special vote.
Our F.O.R.C.E. (Family of Responsible Caring Employees) engages in a variety of philanthropic activities beyond monetary support. Many volunteer projects are organized on the corporate level, and even more are initiated and carried out by our employees.
- Participated in the American Heart Association 5K Heart Walks across Texas
- Participated in the Beach to Bay Relay Marathon in Corpus Christi
- Gave blood to Carter Blood Care
- Served dinner at Catholic Charities in Fort Worth once a week
- Donated items for charitable holiday gift drives
- Participated in the Cowtown Marathon
- Hosted holiday parties for non-profit organizations
- Participated in the Insurance Women of the Metroplex bowling tournament in Fort Worth
- Participated in the Junior Achievement of the Chisholm Trail bowling tournament
- Delivered Meals on Wheels in Fort Worth once a week
- Collected school supplies for students and teachers in Port Arthur
- Donated food to the Tarrant Area Food Bank
- Sponsored and built Habitat for Humanity homes in Austin and Fort Worth
- Volunteered four hours each quarter with United Way in Corpus Christi
- Fundraised for Texas charities by raffling tickets to Rangers games
Ready to Make and Impact?
Employees may contribute to the Higginbotham Community Fund by filling out the pledge form below.